BRT 1000 Dry Polymer Make Down System
The Blue River Technologies 1000 Dry Polymer System is designed to make down up to 18 lbs per hour of cationic or anionic dry polymer at a concentration of .3% (.003). This system will operate in either manual or fully automatic mode. (At a .5% concentration the system will make down 37 lbs per hour.) (Rates are based on a 900 gallon batch size and a 45 minute agitation cycle.)
The mix tank is a 1000 gallon round tank with removable lid. This tank is mounted on a steel skid with a bridge style agitator frame provided over the tank. The tank will mix up to 950 gallons of solution per batch. The tank includes a capacitive type liquid level probe system. An independent float style switch is installed at the top of the tank to shut down the system in the event of an overflow condition.
The BRT 1000 mix system is a batch process system. The mix tank is filled with water and polymer is added in the proper amount during the fill cycle to produce the desired solution concentration. After the fill cycle the water shuts off and tank agitation begins and continues for a set amount of time. After the agitation period expires the system goes into a "Standby" mode until the storage tank is at a sufficient level to accept the batch. At this point the control will initiate the transfer cycle actuation a pump and transferring the batch to a storage or process tank. (The transfer pump is not included with basic system but can either be provided by the customer or quoted and supplied by Blue River Technologies. We recommend either a progressive cavity or positive displacement internal gear pump for the transfer pump.)
The control system is a PLC based system. The control interface allows the operator to quickly change the feeder run time to increase or decrease the solution concentration percentage. The interface is also used to set agitation time to reduce product shearing. The interface will also provide the operator with alarm or fault condition information. Standard alarms or fault conditions are "Low Water pressure", "Hopper low on polymer", "Mix tank high level", "Storage tank high level" and "Clogged polymer feed line". [Control Box PDF ]
- The system includes a 3/4 hp agitator with a gear reducer drive running at 350 rpm. The agitator can be set up with dual props.
- The BRT 1000 comes standard with the 3.0 cubic foot Hopper/Feeder assembly. An optional 6.0 cu foot hopper is available.
- Polymer is initially hydrated and dispersed into the mix tank with the Blue River Technologies 50 GPM Eductor Disperser. This stainless steel eductor/disperser uses high energy water pressure to provide faster hydration and uniform wetting of the polymer particles. This helps to prevent fish eyes and agglomerations from forming in the mix tank. A teflon nozzle provides a non-stick surface for trouble free operation. A sanitary type clamp connects the powder hose to the disperser for a quick inspection and cleaning operations. An optional ultrasonic flow detector is available that will put the system into an alarm condition in the event of no polymer flow through the hose.
- The 5 HP water booster pump and water tree assembly insures that a uniform 50 GPM water fill rate is maintained. Allow water pressure switch located in the water tree will shut down the system and activate an alarm relay, in the event water pressure falls below the minimum required for proper operation of the eductor/disperser.
- The water tree includes a full port, pneumatic operated ball valve. This valve includes SS trim and Teflon seats. The actuator is a spring return to close valve, shutting off water flow in the event of a power failure or loss of air supply. (Air filter/Regulator is supplied as standard equipment)
2283 North Co. Rd 500 East, New Castle, IN 47362 | 765.766.6190 (ph) | 765.766.6204 (fax) | email@example.com